Did you mean: 

Credit check failed

Clifford-Essex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Couple of days ago I went to moneysupermarket and found some O2 deal, signed up for 2 no problem at all then on the 3rd it failed and signaled my Credit Check had failed, since then I've been back and forth with O2 who are unable to help and refer me to the credit agencies.  They point out there are no flags on my account and advise to raise a manual review with O2.  So now I have taken this back to O2's backoffice to investigate and i expect by that point the black friday deal will have expired.  The whole point was to move my 3 accounts from EE to O2 and have to say it's been a complete nightmare.  The fact I have two new O2 accounts but questionable to have a 3rd.  Then to top it all they have started charging me for the direct debits and i haven't even received the new sim cards yet!!

Anyone else had this pain and what was your outcome ?

Thanks, Clifford

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Affordability checks have obviously OK'd two accounts but not a third at this stage. This is quite a common experience and happens on all networks depending on their criteria. 

As to SIM cards, they are sent Royal Mail who have been on strike for 3 days, with a backlog building

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Affordability checks have obviously OK'd two accounts but not a third at this stage. This is quite a common experience and happens on all networks depending on their criteria. 

As to SIM cards, they are sent Royal Mail who have been on strike for 3 days, with a backlog building

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1344 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

This is likely because of the 3 credit checks that will have happened back to back, credit scorers use automated checks and will have seen the previous 2 as being fine, but on the 3rd some flags will have triggered based on why is this person applying for 3 new plans back to back. Whilst perfectly innocent the software that performs the checks and its criteria is not, so it doesn't know a legitimate 3 contract person to someone who is trying every network to get an agreement who this isn't going to be able to pay.

Message 3 of 3