Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Files

Kim16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I need my device “loan” removed from my credit file. Does anyone know how often o2 update these?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Kim16 

Why do you want it removed? If you paid on time it is evidence of good credit. If you defaulted then it will stay there for 6 years.

You can contact the credit referral team via this route

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Any loan you have has to be on your credit file. It's a legal obligation.

Message 3 of 15

Kim16
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Because of a mortgage application. It is supposed to show in “communications” but showing as a “loan” since o2 changed they way they bill. I have now paid it off and want it off my credit file ASAP. I have contacted o2 bit can only get in touch via email.
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Kim16 

Your device plan is a credit agreement (loan).

It cannot be removed and if it's all paid off if won't be an issue to getting any further credit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No expert @Kim16
but think they may be updated monthly?
If so check again after paid off.
I think you can write to the credit check agencies if they are showing wrong. Check the most popular ones, I think you can go online too.
Hope you can sort it out a very important time for you getting a home.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum
Message 6 of 15

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

It will stay on your file - if you've paid it OK it helps build your credit score - and telecom contracts are seen as a good indicator - of course if you've defaulted on the plan then unfortuately this will have a negative impact and will impact you abilty to get credit and will stay on your file. 

Message 7 of 15

Kim16
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s been paid off. That’s the problem. It hasn’t been removed from my credit file and I cannot get an answer from anybody as to when this will be done. I’ve called, emailed the correct team, spoken to Experian who have sent over 2 requests for an update and had absolutely no reply back!
Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Kim16 

I still don't understand why you want it taken off? If you go for any other type of credit then this will show in your favour towards getting anything else, ie mortgage, car, etc etc etc. It's called building up your credit worthiness.

People who have nothing on their credit history have to go through numerous checks to get further credit.

If you defaulted at any time during this loan, then unfortunately that will also show. You have given no indication in this thread that you did default though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
As said many times, it cannot be removed from your history.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15