cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just attempted to obtain a PAC code from O2 but have been told that the £20 Auto Top Up credit I have will not be refunded.

I cannot see why that money will not be refunded O2 are just holding the money to cover any call charges or top up fee, it was done for their convieniece, I have not received any service or goods from them.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Top ups are generally non refundable.
It would be wise to cancel your auto top up now you are leaving.
From your post wording it sounds like O2 told you to top up?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand why my credit cannot be returned, I pay for the PAYG every month through the credit I have in the Auto Top Up Fund I have not received any goods or service it is just money that O2 are holding on my behalf to pay for any calls or data not covered by the PAYG allowance.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could ask them to credit another O2 payg SIM card in your name with that £20 so at least you don't lose it.

As the PAC will cancel your current SIM card they'll have to do it at the same time I would have thought.
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
When I cancelled a Voda PAYG sim a while back they refused to return any credit so I had to use it before using the PAC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I doubt you will get it back to be honest I think the only thing to do is either get it put onto another SIM card if they will they might transfer it to a freind or family member and they could give you the money. Or if they won't you might as well use it up
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your credit won't be returned unless you are changing to a monthly account. Use it or lose it I'm afraid.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't see why they wouldn't put it onto another O2 sim so that someone can get some use out of it
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tought it might be somewhere wink
Message 10 of 18