cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Referrals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve been emailing the credit referrals team now for a few weeks and still pending a response. I’ve called a few times and the staff have been very helpful and said o2 will get the issue corrected for me however I am passed back to the credit ref team email who I have had no response from. There was an error on my credit file from over 6 years ago which I didn’t correct at the time, now I am applying for a mortgage the mortgage provider are questioning this flagging on my report. It is quite urgent I have 48 hours to give them documentation.
Please can you give me a contact number or get someone to respond to me?
Thanks very much!
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

These things do have a habit of coming back and biting you on the bum. The number of customers on here who threaten to cancel direct debits don't realise how it will affect them a few years down the line. 

I'm not in any way suggesting that's what you did at all. 

Message 11 of 61

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention@Anonymous and everyone for your input on this! 

@Anonymous I'll respond to your private message now just get back to me when you can wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much @Martin-O2! Will wait for your message
Message 13 of 61

Caribbeanpg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been calling 02 & emailng the credit referrals team as o2 have made an error on my o2 account (which they have rectified and apologised for) causing me to gain adverse credit against my account.  I am now applying for a mortgage and cannot proceed due to the adverse credit - caused by o2 error!  

I cannot get a response from credit referrals team and desperately need this error rectified, otherwise I run the risk of losing the house I have reserved!

Does anyone know a number for credit referrals or what path I can take to get this issue resolved.

Message 14 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is no number as they are not customer facing.
I’ll tag @Martin-O2 to see if he can help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 61

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5

@Caribbeanpg With previous members in your situation the response has been that there is no way to contact the credit referrals team other then email but I'll see what I can do to speed things along. I'll need some details from you so will drop you a private message. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 16 of 61

Becky0509
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Martin,

I am having a similar issue to other poeple on this post with regards to a mortgage application and an error on O2s behalf. I have contacted the credit referral team but I was hoping you may be able to help speed things up please?

Thank you!

Message 17 of 61

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Replying to your private message now @Becky0509 smiling

signature

Message 18 of 61

billyreeve89
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 I am having such a hard time getting a mortage because of a default on my 02 that wasnt my fault (ex girlfriend) for £12. Bill was paid immediately once I found out. Please can you help me achieve my dream of owning my own home...

Thanks!

Message 19 of 61

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to contact the credit team in the first instance to see what they say in terms of the circumstances for which the default was put on your account. In the meantime, contact the credit reference agencies and put a notice of correction on your file explaining the reasons for the default and that the debt has been paid up. For such a small amount the mortgage companies will look at the correction and may well not take that into account.

Unfortunately the team are only contactable by email and could take up to 10 days to get back to you.

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Message 20 of 61