cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Referrals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve been emailing the credit referrals team now for a few weeks and still pending a response. I’ve called a few times and the staff have been very helpful and said o2 will get the issue corrected for me however I am passed back to the credit ref team email who I have had no response from. There was an error on my credit file from over 6 years ago which I didn’t correct at the time, now I am applying for a mortgage the mortgage provider are questioning this flagging on my report. It is quite urgent I have 48 hours to give them documentation.
Please can you give me a contact number or get someone to respond to me?
Thanks very much!
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Unfortunately the team are only contactable by email

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Message 2 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have to keep pressing the credit team. We can’t do anything for you & o2 will not see your post here. Maybe community admin could @MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2

Message 3 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replying so quickly I’ve sent a private message @Martin-O2! Praying he can help!
Message 4 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck @Anonymous

Message 5 of 61

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 6 of 61

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
After 6 years it should be removed from your report anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 61

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I have to advise it not just that simple to have marks removed from your name.  They dont just press delete. There are a lot of legal loopeholes to jump through and also they have to contact the agencies as well which can take time..  Yes it is fustrating having to wait for something thats not your fault but give them time to recify the issue correctly for you.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 8 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, me too! The mortgage in principle was approved no problems and now we’ve submitted a full application after finding and having an offer accepted on our dream flat they’ve come back querying this from years ago! I regret not chasing it up and correcting at the time but back then and early 20s it was the last of my worries! Friends and family weren’t joking that lenders go through everything with a fine tooth comb now! We’ve already spent a lot of money on surveys of the flat and conveyancing with the solicitor, hopefully it doesn’t fall through now and we loose all that money too!
Message 9 of 61

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

As already said, I can't understand why it is still on your credit report at all. After 6 years it should be automatically removed?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 61