Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Declined

AHirst44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently been trying to join a sim only plan on O2, but when I get to the final page I get this message

"Your order can't be completed.

When you apply for an O2 contract we use business policies to check your application. This time, you didn’t meet our minimum level. To find out why, email CreditFileReferrals@O2.com.

If you prefer, you can write to:

Credit File Referrals
Suite XY
Arlington Business Centre
Millshaw Park Lane
Leeds

LS11 0NE"

I contacted the O2 live chat, who told me to contact Equifax. I have been on the phone to Equifax who have looked at my credit report, and they tell me there is nothing there to suggest I would fail the credit check. They told me to ring back O2, and insist a manual check of my report takes place. So I have rung O2 and told them this, but O2 tell me it's up to Equifax whether I pass or fail the check, not O2. 

I have emailed the credit file referalls, on 22/10/21, and 04/11/21 and have had no response to either email. When I try to get through to the credit file referalls via telephone, it stays on hold for a few minutes then cuts off.

What can I do about this? I'm being passed between O2 and Equifax, both saying the other is to blame, meanwhile I'm in the middle with an excellent credit report, confused as to why I cannot get accepted. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Jaybeem87
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was your order original online? I placed one last week which has been stuck at review. I’ve never had credit declined and I’m only 12 points off perfect. Apparently something has been flagged to the credit file team but not heard from them.

wondering if I can order in store or if they can remedy my current order.

Message 31 of 33

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7935 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

@Jaybeem87 Stores use the same Credit check systemI yours has been referred for review there is no way to override that.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 32 of 33

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Jaybeem87 

Something that is often overlooked by individuals with an exceptionally good credit score is that the review does not just address how you have handled credit in the past. It also looks at your means to pay in the future and checks your identity too. And it is a fairly blunt instrument as it tries to conclude whether or not you are a good risk.  

Are you on the electoral register ? Have you moved house recently ? Do all of your accounts have your correct name and address recorded thereon and with all spellings accurate ? These are all factors that can lead to an unexpected refusal. 

Another risk that is often discussed online is around individuals who have never borrowed or entered into a credit agreement. This creates a risk around a lack of evidence to support giving such a person credit. The inference is that you are less of a risk if you spend on a credit card and pay the sum off in full each month than if you do not use a credit card at all.        

Message 33 of 33