cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a contract phone but it's in my ex partners name I've been paying it for 2 years just by ringing up now the contracts up I got another co tract in my own name so how do I stop being billed for the other one if that makes sense. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your ex needs to notify O2 to cancel the contract, or you can do it if you know the account security details?
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your ex needs to notify O2 to cancel the contract, or you can do it if you know the account security details?
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Community guide to cancelling here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If your estranged from your ex and if you're not possibly in contact then the only other option is to notify your bank to stop the direct debits. O2 will then make contact with the account holder. 

Obviously this an extreme.  

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You really need to get your ex to cancel the contract or at least make him aware you are stopping payments as he will have responsibility for the account. Hopefully you are still on good terms but as @MI5 says, if you know the security details customer service may let you cancel.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do it via live chat using your ex's name then follow up with a letter written "by" your ex (assuming you know the account security).....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6