Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract term after upgrade? - Sim only

Carlos2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Started with sim-only deal with contract lenght of 12 months, and plan to upgrade it half the way (6 months after start) to increase data allowance. Is the remaining of my contract lenght being increased?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Carlos2 

Upgrades are like starting again, so yes it will increase to 12 or 18 months depending on the tariff chosen, however, you can upgrade to a refresh tariff at anytime without waiting for the full term to complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Carlos2 

Upgrades are like starting again, so yes it will increase to 12 or 18 months depending on the tariff chosen, however, you can upgrade to a refresh tariff at anytime without waiting for the full term to complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

O2Heather
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Carlos. When you upgrade to another simo, you start your contract again. So if you upgrade half way through to a another12 months for example. Your contract will run for another 12 months.
signature
Message 3 of 5

Carlos2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fantastic answer, thank you!
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5