cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ends - how long before should I use PAC code?

Jane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, my 2 year contract ends/renews on the 18th June, but I want to cancel it. I know I must use the PAC code to transfer my number, but when do I do this? Is the day before okay? Obviously I wanna get a full month's use before transferring to another provider, but I don't want to use my PAC the day before only to find out it takes a couple of days to process, then have to pay the £40+ for another month.
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Jane 

It's usually a couple of days to port over but you won't be charged a full month anymore.

You will only pay for the days you use the network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Jane ! There's some good info above from @MI5 so hopefully you got all the answers you needed, but don't hesitate to pop back in if you have any additional questions. slight_smile

Sorry to hear you wish to cancel your contract though! Let us know if you have any feedback you'd like us to pass on to the business in case you feel that O2 could have done something differently.

Message 3 of 3