Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending

Lam-D
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok folks just some info required as the "Give us a call" and "Online Chat" people must already be on their  Christmas holidays 

Right Old contract finishing soon (wifes phone i pay) and i have just taken out another new contract (great on line offer) and want to keep number ...So Do i Cancel (dont renew ) old contract when its up and then change number on new one to old Number or is it not that Simple ...If i could get someone from O2 to acually answer the phone or online chat i would not have to ask here ...Any help Greatfull

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
When you can get an answer from 202 (call early morning is best 8-8.30am) just ask them to migrate the old number to the new contract.
This will immediately end the old contract and generate the final bill for any amount owing on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
When you can get an answer from 202 (call early morning is best 8-8.30am) just ask them to migrate the old number to the new contract.
This will immediately end the old contract and generate the final bill for any amount owing on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122377 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deleted by me. (Note to self...read post properly) thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Lam-D
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the quick replies .. old contract is still running for another week so .. 1)I just let it run and then ring 202 and make sure it s gets closed and then transfer old number 2) new contract started thurs (got a good deal from an online company) just carry on and wait for number transfer .... Yes ..Seems too easy LOL 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you only have a week left you may as well call now and get it done.
You have to give 30 days notice anyway, which they may add on to your final bill or keep using O2 for another 30 days.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Lam-D,

Please let us know if that’s what you needed and if there's something else we can do to help out. Wave

Thanks a lot @Cleoriff and @MI5 for your amazing help heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6