Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract due to end

Sparky_2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my 24 month contract which is for the sony phone + unlimited minutes, text and 500 mb of data is due to end in January 2020.

I wish to stay with 02 but I'm also still very happy with the phone so have no wish to upgrade or get a new one.

Will that mean that my contract will go down in the amount I pay each month, as I was previously paying for the phone included within the deal, and continue as the rolling 30 day contract? Or do I need to contact customer services to arrange a new contract etc..

Kind regards for any help.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It would depend on where you got the deal.
If from o2 directly you would have 2 direct debits (DD) - one for phone and one for airtime. In this case one of those would stop (phone) and the other would continue (airtime). You would only need to do something if you think there is a better deal for you (in terms of minutes/texts/data).
If you got your phone from somewhere else (Carphone Warehouse for example) you would only have 1 DD for both phone and airtime.
In this case you DO need to do something, otherwise you will start to overpay.
Have a look at the o2 SIM only deals (if you are happy with your phone), the main o2 shop (if you want a new phone) or try a 3rd party site (Carphone Warehouse) or comparison site (uSwitch/Compare the Market) to see what deals are available.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It would depend on where you got the deal.
If from o2 directly you would have 2 direct debits (DD) - one for phone and one for airtime. In this case one of those would stop (phone) and the other would continue (airtime). You would only need to do something if you think there is a better deal for you (in terms of minutes/texts/data).
If you got your phone from somewhere else (Carphone Warehouse for example) you would only have 1 DD for both phone and airtime.
In this case you DO need to do something, otherwise you will start to overpay.
Have a look at the o2 SIM only deals (if you are happy with your phone), the main o2 shop (if you want a new phone) or try a 3rd party site (Carphone Warehouse) or comparison site (uSwitch/Compare the Market) to see what deals are available.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 4

Sparky_2019
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ty for the quick reply...

I ordered it from the 02 website but only have one direct debit?

Eitherway based on your advice I will give customer services a ring and find out my options.

I just don't like ringing them incase I get pushed into one of these "Honestly you are eligible for our deal of the century as a valued customer" chats.. And suddenly find myself paying an extra £10 a month from February hehe slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If you have the my o2 app it should tell you when you are eligible for an upgrade.
Either way, don't sign up for anything the first time. Always have a look around at your options, both through o2 directly and via other routes.
If you do get a deal somewhere else, you can transfer your number across to the new phone/SIM (if that's what you decide).

Message 4 of 4