cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant spam from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am desperate to stop the O2 spam coming on my phone.
I get 3-4 messages a day from O2 and there seems to be no way to stop them.
I disabled the spam from my settings and it kept happening. I texted stop a few times. I called 2220 and updated my settings to switch all messages off and despite doing all that they keep coming. I chatted to a couple of "gurus" online who promised it would stop, the last of whom made a promise that I would never, ever be contacted again and yet I received 3 texts the next day!
There seems to be absolutely no way of stopping the spam. I now compiling a log of all the chats I've had with O2, the reference numbers they've given me and getting ready for a complain and reporting them for unsolicited advertising without my consent. 
It's bad enough we receive spam from dubious sources, I really don't need my own telecom company to swarm my phone with promotional garbage and give me absolutely no way to stop it!

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23167 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They keep sending me "offers" with a line at the end saying "text STOP to 2020 to stop these messages", I always do, but the messages carry on anyway! Eh?

If the text is coming from a spammer, texting STOP is what they're looking for, as they then know it's a live number. The best thing to do is take a look at the links that adamtemp64 posted some time ago, and go through that process to try to stop them. It may not stop them all, but it's worth a try, especially if you're getting a lot of them: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-steps-to/m-p/386364#M37293

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

HAve you tried in myo2 as well?

Are you payg or pay monthly ? best to ring 202 if monthlu or 4445 if payg.

Once you have your log use the complaints review service impartial review service .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the txts advertising?

I'll take a guess at O2 Priority, Priority Moments...what else?

As mentioned above, you can turn off the communications you recieve in My O2 at the top right of this screen.

Message 3 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What are the txts advertising?

Good point, are these texts definitely from O2?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Click on My O2 in the top right of the screen and then select "Update personal details". At the bottom of the screen are two check boxes (one might be greyed out), untick the bottom one which states "O2 partner offers, messages, competitions and free offers". press the "Change my details" button.

2) Click on My O2 in the top right of the screen and then select "Your mobile account". On the left of the screen choose "My choices" in the menu bar. From here you can select what contact O2 can make with you with regard to promotions, etc. Select "Nothing just now" then scroll down and untick all the boxes under the "What's the best way to talk to you?" heading. Keep scrolling down and untick everything under the "What else gets you going" heading then click save my choices. 

Thats you pretty much stopped O2 being able to send you spam texts. slight_smile

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive done all this, checked off everything, this still getting stupid spam texts, from stupid freaking service. how do i turn these disruptive messages off????

I even called, the robot woman on the phone says something along these lines; you currently have not signed up for any of our wonderful (crappy) spams messages.

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

how and where? please

Message 8 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23167 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

They keep sending me "offers" with a line at the end saying "text STOP to 2020 to stop these messages", I always do, but the messages carry on anyway! Eh?

Message 10 of 14