Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to o2 from EE

Beedark
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the middle of changing over from EE to O2 with a new phone and O2 monthly sim - I've not changed providers for years and right now I'm needing some advice. I provided my PAC code to O2 on saturday online. So the process started today when my new phone lost signal (while I was speaking to O2 customer service) and after a few restarts, it now appears to be connected with my old number as requested. But my old phone still has signal with EE, and my old number also. The texts I have got since, including fom O2 welcoming me as a customer, are all coming to my old phone only and not my new one... Should I be concerned??? Shouldn't the changeover happen simultaneously??

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Beedark it can take up to 24 hours to fully port. 

Keep rebooting every hour or so.

Reboot old EE phone too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I had this before. In the end, I had to call the other provider. It's always better do this between Monday and Wednesday.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Beedark it can take up to 24 hours to fully port. 

Keep rebooting every hour or so.

Reboot old EE phone too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Ah I thought it was the weekend PAC discourse . To be fair i tore into unnamed customer service people because they were treating me like an idiot.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

To be fair, as the PAC was submitted on Saturday, you would expect to port to start today.

If the EE phone is an iPhone @Beedark you will also need to remove your phone number and Apple ID from the phone or else iMessages will continue to go to that phone forever too.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5