cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to a new SIM-only deal but keep same number/sim?

Fizzywhig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, wondered if someone could help me as live chat/O2 customer services seemingly uncontactable these days.

I've been on a sim-only deal with O2 which has now expired. I want to change to a different O2 sim-only plan, but if I try and do this through the MyO2 section, I'm not given the full range of deals offered on the O2 website (the only ones available through MyO2 are more expensive and less generous, which I don't want).

I could just order the new deal through the O2 website, but then I'd have to get my number copied over to the new sim and cancel the old sim. I don't need a new sim, so presumably the easiest way would be to get the new deal attached to my account. However, without speaking to customer services (which I haven't been able to get through to) I don't know how I can do this. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you can't see the deal you want through my o2 then the only thing to do is call I'm afraid...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Fizzywhig
Better call very early 08.00am you may be lucky then, good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum JAZZ

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Going through My O2 and going via the upgrade option should enable you to see all the sim deals. If not then taking a new sim deal means you contact customer service to migrate your number to the new sim. That will end the original contract and any adjustment would be made on the first bill of your new contract.

Contacting customer service is the big problem right now. Early morning 8am is best.

Message 4 of 4