Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

Beckyje
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey,
My broadband is not working and engineers are unable to enter my household due to lockdown measures (completely understandable) so Im relying heavily on my mobile data to video call family living in Italy at the moment. Im using way more data than usual and about to run out a fortnight before my new billing period kicks in. The only option online is for the tariff to begin in the next billing period. Ive tried contacting 02 via phone and online chat but Im not having any luck. Is there any way I can do this myself or via text? Any info would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Without contacting customer service your only other option would be to add a data bolt on.
Message 2 of 7

Beckyje
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey, thank you. I thought that might be the case but thought Id check
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Available data bolt ons here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Beckyje
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey, sorry another question. Ive found a huawei mifi unit thing i used years ago. Im planning on getting a sim only deal in the post - saves having to speak to someone - and using that to top up for time being. Can I use a sim only that's being marketed as a phone sim in the mifi unit? The data deals they are offering are alot more competitive. Are the sims the same but just sold differently? or will i have issues? Thank you!
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Beckyje 

No, you need a data sim specifically for mobile broadband.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/inspire/mobile-broadband-explained#section4

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7