cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payment date charge?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So a few weeks back I contact O2 in regards to changing my payment date so that it matched with my payment date, I thought all was well, HOWEVER today I have found out that my account is due by £92 (£30 device plan £30 airtime) so I was expecting around £60 however I didn't know where this extra £30 odd has come from, I contacted O2 again only to be told it was a £30 charge to change my payment date?! 

I was NEVER informed of this charge, if I had been I would NOT have changed my date (I only changed for convenience for me) are O2 allowed to just throw charges at you without informing you first? I tried arguing this fact, but was told if I dont pay the full amount my phone will be put on hold until payment is received. 

Anyone know any helpful information? I can't find anywhere that says there is a charge for changing payment dates. I have had this contract for over 6 months as well.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to talk to someone (again) about this, because they are telling me if I dont pay it then they will stop my phone from working... and I need it for work purposes.

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently if you change your payment date they take 2 device plan payments in one month ?!?!?! Since WHEN?! 

No one warned me of this when I called to change my payment date! 

I am so p****d off right now 

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Well at least you won't need to pay next month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 126108 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

That sounds as if someone is trying to explain away a possible error. I would keep a careful eye on My O2 over the next couple of months if honest....The initial explanation you were given about being charged to change it shows the absolute idiocy of some agents...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
I think the double payment is actually correct but the charge to change was certainly rubbish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 15