Did you mean: 

Changing contracts

Bennie1507
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all, 

i rencently took out a contract with o2 for an iphone 4 and unlimited calls and texts, i have only had the contract about two weeks and this was before i knew the iphone 4 had that terrible signal issue. would it be possible if i asked in store for them to change to contract to a 4s with 600 mins and unlimited texts? the cost of the airtime is identical but the phone might be a bit more. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bennie1507 wrote:

hi all, 

I rencently took out a contract with o2 for an iphone 4 and unlimited calls and texts, I have only had the contract about two weeks and this was before I knew the iphone 4 had that terrible signal issue. Would it be possible if I asked in store for them to change to contract to a 4s with 600 mins and unlimited texts? The cost of the airtime is identical but the phone might be a bit more. 

I've had the iPhone 4 and the only issue I had was the known issue of the "death grip" which means when a person held the phone and bridged the gap on the antenna band on the left hand side with their hand, the signal could drop. However not everyone experienced this.

I would suggest you firstly go into an Apple Store after making a Genius Bar Appointment for them to check it out for you.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

02 IMO wont simply swap the iPhone over easily until they have exhausted all other avenues of repairing themselves etc as you are past the 7 day returning period.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bennie1507 wrote:

hi all, 

I rencently took out a contract with o2 for an iphone 4 and unlimited calls and texts, I have only had the contract about two weeks and this was before I knew the iphone 4 had that terrible signal issue. Would it be possible if I asked in store for them to change to contract to a 4s with 600 mins and unlimited texts? The cost of the airtime is identical but the phone might be a bit more. 

I've had the iPhone 4 and the only issue I had was the known issue of the "death grip" which means when a person held the phone and bridged the gap on the antenna band on the left hand side with their hand, the signal could drop. However not everyone experienced this.

I would suggest you firstly go into an Apple Store after making a Genius Bar Appointment for them to check it out for you.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

02 IMO wont simply swap the iPhone over easily until they have exhausted all other avenues of repairing themselves etc as you are past the 7 day returning period.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add I never had the death grip issue on my 4
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It made me smile when Steve Jobs said "just don't hold it that way", and then Apple supplied free bumpers to American customers.

As I've said I submit not everyone experienced this.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't being funny bob was just pointing it out I got a free case out of it at the time which was good slight_smile
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
How did u get a free case ?

When I looked into the Apple bumper programme it was for American owners only.

And I know your not being funny mate just bringing balance to the thread which I appreciate.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
They ran a free case program it was via an app on the App Store you could choose any upto the value of £9.99 free anything over that you had to add the difference
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I must have been late to the party then.

I came to the iPhone world late !
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was for a limited time so yes you must have missed it
Message 9 of 9