Did you mean: 

Changing SIM to microSIM and keeping the same number

Megavolty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I bougth a new phone but this new one uses a microSIM while the old one uses a normal SIM card.

I was reading on the forum about going to the store or caling for a new one but

I would like to keep my old number.

I am a pay & Go client.

Is it possible?

Thank You

RC

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
To be on the safe side I would call CS on 4445 to ensure your tariff is transferred - It should do but there probably won't be a way back if the auto service goes wrong.
You should be able to get 4g if you have a 4g phone, are in a 4g area and have a 4g sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126118 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@MI5  Just for my info? I thought the Big Bundle was actually a tariff...so how would the OP be on that one ...and be able to use their old Text and Web tariff? Smiley Embarassed

This may be obvious to some but as I am on contract I can't understand it slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 20

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
The text and web tariff would need to be moved to the new sim card which would replace the big bundle tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126118 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The text and web tariff would need to be moved to the new sim card which would replace the big bundle tariff.

That's what I thought but needed clarification...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 20

jonsie
  • 94113 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Contact customer service to get it swapped over. If you activate the simcard with the Big Bundle you won't be able to revert back as Text & Web is no longer available. They can transfer everything for you.

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126118 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Contact customer service to get it swapped over. If you activate the simcard with the Big Bundle you won't be able to revert back as Text & Web is no longer available. They can transfer everything for you.

Now that I do understand jonsie and it is interesting as my other half is on the Text and Web tariff. (It suits him) I realise that O2 phase out certain tariffs to suit the 'everchanging needs' of clients.....but there are some folk who are quite happy to stay as they are :smileywink:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 94113 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I have sim on the same tariff which is only used when my son visits so it's ideal for him. I just make a call every 6 months to keep it active.

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need to have the old sim or just the old number to use the swap my sim service?

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
You need the old sim to use the online service as they text a code to it.
If you don't have it you need to call CS or go into an o2 shop to do it.
Message 19 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126118 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

You need the old sim......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 20