cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have posted a few messages in the Android section about my Samsung Galaxy S3, with which I am under contract with 02 (although the phone was purchased elsewhere).

I have no complaints whatsoever about 02, but the phone is driving me mad with frustration. Maybe I have aimed too high (my previous phone was a Blackberry 9320, which was a delight to use in comparison...).

After months of madness, I now want to change my phone to something a bit simpler and, from what I have seen, easier to use, like a Nokia 625.

Can I just buy a sim free Nokia, put my SIM card and SD card from the Samsung into the new phone and continue with my contract? It just sounds too easy. OK, I'm having to buy a phone, but at least I will be a little more happy.....

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That is fine if the sim is a different size o2 will give you the correct size free and you use the swapmysim process to switch your contract etc to the new sim .

If the same size it is  a straight swap

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That is fine if the sim is a different size o2 will give you the correct size free and you use the swapmysim process to switch your contract etc to the new sim .

If the same size it is  a straight swap

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to throw my tuppence worth in...

I wouldn't necessarily say that Windows Phone 8 is easier to use than Android

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
And bear in mind windows phones are somewhat lacking in the apps department
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have had Nokias and then  iPhones before my first android which was the S3 and it was all strange and scary at first  so a stick with it, much the better option and easy once you get used to it.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'll speak up in defense of Windows phones. I've not suffered from lack of apps (for what I need) and it integrates seamlessly with my laptop and Outlook.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I'll speak up in defense of Windows phones. I've not suffered from lack of apps (for what I need) and it integrates seamlessly with my laptop and Outlook.

Exactly, there is only this oft quoted "lack of apps" on non-android and non-iPhone phones if you can't get the apps that you want.

I'm much the same with my BlackBerry Z10 that allegedly has a lack of apps...I have yet to find an app that I want that it doesnt have.

I had only chipped in though as, in my experience, Windows Phone 8 is very "tap" happy and difficult to navigate at first.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

It's certainly a different experience but once you get used to it, it is actually very intuitive....

I guess the people that say "lack of apps" haven't actually used the platform...?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

But, but...you can't get TuGo on Windows phones...

Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

But, but...you can't get TuGo on Windows phones...

Smiley Very Happy

Didn't have any luck with it on Android either Smiley Frustrated

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10