Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to SIM only deal

Sez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am able to upgrade early but I’d like to change to sim only instead. Is this possible?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

@Sez 

You'll need to see if it will allow you to in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

upgrade2.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

@Sez 

You'll need to see if it will allow you to in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

upgrade2.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123036 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Sez 

Look in my O2 and see if you have the option to Upgrade. If you are currently on a contract, you will need to pay the device off first.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Sez how are you getting on today? slight_smile
Let us know if you got all the information you needed on upgrading, and if you have any further questions the community could help with? slight_smile

Message 4 of 5

Shami
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sez,

Hiopefully you havent upgraded via the site yet. Why? Please read on. 

My phone is now out of contract so I was looking to change to a SIM only deal too. I thought the first port of call should be O2 themselves on the basis that they would want to retain my custom and therefore provide something that was competitive - how wrong was I to make that assumption!

I initially logged into my account to see what 'deals' O2 were offering me. I thought they were somewhat high so I decided to do some comparisons. No surprises that there are other companies who offer far better deals but what I found alarming is that on looking at the comparison sites and folowing a link direct to O2's website O2 offer better deals than the ones that they offer you when logged into your account . 

So if you are looking to change to SIM only please beware. For example, if you try and 'change' using your accout then O2 will try to charge you £15 for a 5Gb u/l messages and minutes whereas if you go into the O2 site witout going into your account it's £8 for 8Gb u/l messages and minutes! Hardly what I'd call a case of O2 valuing customer loyalty or rewarding return business so to speak. I'm so disgusted by it I am actually considering changing to another provider.

Message 5 of 5