Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change pay as you go phone number to monthly account

Patonthenet
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all, is there a way of doing this myself, chat never there when you want them I have 4 02 sim cards, consecutive numbers 12345 pay monthly 12346 pay monthly 12347 pay go 12348 pay go So after using the first 2 numbers for 10 years :)/ well a long time, i need to change numbers about or buy 4 new sim cards from ebay like i did last time. So how do i make 12347 Old pay go, my 12345 contract, so that 12347 now becomes the contract number, and 12345 now becomes the pay go) same with second number So want to use my pay go numbers on contract i already got, and have my current numbers back up Can I do it?, problem being 2 are pay go 2 are contract numbers, dont mind paying top up Or by 4 new sim cards and star again? consecutive numbers available on ebay thanks want new settings 12345 pay go 12346 pay go 12347 pay monthly 12348 pay monthly
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions

@Patonthenet wrote:
no, as it was not my fault i was given wrong info, 

I gave you the correct info above.

I warned you not to swap numbers between sims but to simply change the tariffs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Patonthenet
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
all my spaces removed, looks a right mess now
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Patonthenet 

You can keep your number by following the advice in this guide.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Or by calling O2 on any number here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Now the stores are open, you could do it that way as well.

Edited to add, I wouldn't bother live chat with this, it's too complicated.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions

@Patonthenet 

The problem you will have is that once you move a number it will cancel the account you move from, so switching numbers is out of the question.

All you can do is speak to customer service to change the account types.

You will need new SIM cards for the numbers that are changing to a different tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
calling, what's that slight_smile ill catch someone on chat well there is a problem anyway, the pay go sims are not 5g, they are in older models, so would need 2 from them. IF they cant put the spare numbers on my 5G sim cards last time i did this they wanted to give me numbers, and could not guarantee they would be consecutive and £30 a time, so i bought from ebay £1 each, still same price all i needed to do was pay £10 top up for the 2 pay and go so thanks all, looks like not much has changed in 10 years slight_smile Ill wait for chat, see if i can twist someone's arm, I do know I wont loose the existing balance on the pay and go, but might need to pay £10 top up
Message 5 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
well i called 02, they switched 2 numbers from pay go to contract, was talking to second person got cut off as sim lost signal so all 4 phones dead, hope 24 hours something works
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions
Yes, I did warn of that above....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
no, as it was not my fault i was given wrong info, there would be a way of getting 2 new sims, and getting the 2 numbers back, but to be honest i went with the second choice i buy 4 new consecutive numbers, activate 2 on pay go, then change my 2 monthly numbers to the new numbers. think this would be better now, so waiting for email that confirms it all, then buy 4 new consecutive numbers numbers soon!!!. I was compensated for the mistake, still very annoying though. I did post here thinking they were closed on Sunday, but someone said to ring 202, what a mess, i suspected something was wrong after pay go numbers were Transferred to monthly, but then i was Transferred to retention team, told only they could do the rest, no charge for any of this. today a guy who new it all, did offer to get lost numbers back, but hard to decide, so hes sending email with full details about 4 new numbers from ebay. just need to get used to new numbers, but not going to do it now, wait a while, it can be done anytime so thanks anyway, oh i did get the balance from my pay and go also transfers to pay monthly thinking about it, when i first got the 4 numbers, what i did then was easy, but messing between pay go and contract is not on
Message 10 of 19