Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change billing date

grumpyClare
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been trying to change my billing date for half an hour. Your infuriating automated menu system never gets me to someone who can change it, it just repeatedly tries to make me pay my bill, which is already paid and caused me to go overdrawn. Although I allowed a couple of days after my pay date you keep taking payment before I've been paid. If someone doesn't contact me to change the billing date in the next week, I will be forced to cancel my direct debit and you will have to contact me to reinstate it anyway. It seems like something this simple could be an option in MyO2 but it's not.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@grumpyClare 

Only O2 can do this. You need to call Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

grumpyClare
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried calling that number but go down a rabbit hole of menu options, which aren't clear and ultimately I'm forced into the paying a bill option, which I don't need, or told to use MyO2 repeatedly. I've tried about five times now and the same thing keeps happening. I suspect it either isn't working properly or is designed to prevent people from getting through to an actual person. Which menu options should I select in order speak to someone about changing a billing date? 

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@grumpyClare 

Try any number, press any option (even fraud) If it gets you in a queue to speak to an advisor, then thats fine. They will connect you to the right area.

Many people got through yesterday following this advice.

Patience and perseverance I'm afraid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4