cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my tariff?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on pay go & go on my blackberry and recently got the iPhone therefore no longer using my blackberry. I still, however want to use BBM but if I top up then it's just going to take the £10 for pay go & go instead of for my BBM bolt-on. I want to cancel my tariff so it can't take the money away but I have no idea how, can anybody tell me how it is possible to do this? Thankyou slight_smile
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't solely just have the bolt on, it needs a tariff to be attached to so it will work. If a have an iPhone, try whatsapp or viber, very good but your contacts will need to have it installed too

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can't just have the BB Bolt On without a trariff. If you don't want to use the tariff anymore just stop topping up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I can't just have BBM on its own, I'd have to pay £15 to top up the tariff to use BBM too?
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes that is correct or just use wifi for BBM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you're not using your Blackberry any more there's no point in having a BBM bolt-on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do you mean wifi for bbm? The bolt-on comes with the provided Internet to use it.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do want to use the blackberry solely for BBM, that's the thing
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still use BBM on a wifi connection without a BB Bolt on. The bolt on is just for 3G. My daughter uses BBM when at home on wifi on a Tesco PAYG card with no BB Bolt On. Obviously doesn't work whjen out and about unless at McDonalds or somewhere else with wifi.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have wifi and it doesn't work for me; I have to have the £5 bolt-on.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't solely just have the bolt on, it needs a tariff to be attached to so it will work. If a have an iPhone, try whatsapp or viber, very good but your contacts will need to have it installed too

Message 10 of 11