Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my contract

Katie-mugs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I'm away travelling and have been since March. I was still paying my contract even though i couldn't use my phone abroad anyway. I knew it was ending in Setember but then i got emails from each month of September, October and November that I am charged my monthly bill which should have been ended. Anyay, because of the time difference i'm unable to talk to someone on the 'online chat' and i can't make international calls so there was no way of explaining my situation. I then had to cancel my direct debit before they took anymore out. I'm still getting emails about my overdue payment when actually i'm owed money from o2 now. I can't find anywhere on here how to cancel my contract without paying the 'overdue' payment.

Please help. There is no email to contact o2 which would be the easiest way to sort this! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Katie-mugs

Please follow the procedure in the following link to cancel your contract

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Please note that if you are on a Refresh contract, though your device payments stop when you have paid for your phone, your airtime continues until you give 30 days' notice to cancel.  So you would still receive a monthly bill reduced to the airtime portion of your contract. Therefore, O2 do not owe you, you owe them and should never have cancelled your Direct Debit until receiving your final bill and had a zero balance on your account.

You need to contact Customer Services asap (8-8:30am UK time to avoid a long wait on hold) to sort out the money owing and formally give 30 days' notice to cancel your airtime 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. Until you cancel your air time your O2 bills will continue and non-payment will cause you major credit problems when you eventually return to the UK.

There is an international contact number fot O2 Customer Services which is free. Do not speak to live chat who are not really geared up for customer account queries.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Katie-mugs

Please follow the procedure in the following link to cancel your contract

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Please note that if you are on a Refresh contract, though your device payments stop when you have paid for your phone, your airtime continues until you give 30 days' notice to cancel.  So you would still receive a monthly bill reduced to the airtime portion of your contract. Therefore, O2 do not owe you, you owe them and should never have cancelled your Direct Debit until receiving your final bill and had a zero balance on your account.

You need to contact Customer Services asap (8-8:30am UK time to avoid a long wait on hold) to sort out the money owing and formally give 30 days' notice to cancel your airtime 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. Until you cancel your air time your O2 bills will continue and non-payment will cause you major credit problems when you eventually return to the UK.

There is an international contact number fot O2 Customer Services which is free. Do not speak to live chat who are not really geared up for customer account queries.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Message 2 of 4

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Katie-mugs the number you can ring, free of charge, is +44 344 809 0202

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Also even if you are a "normal" contract (taken out from someone that is not o2) it is only a minimum 24 month - it does not just stop unless you tell o2 that you want it to.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4