Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account without a SIM

CMC_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I signed up for a Virgin Media boardband + O2 mobile bundle a while ago. I have terminated the VM part since I moved last year but I've kept on paying O2 even though I've never used it (I've been using another provider since before signing the bundle.) Now that the 18-month O2 contract is coming to an end (Jan 2025) I was wondering how do I cancel the plan? I have not used the O2 SIM for a second and I don't think I've ever seen the actual SIM card. Should I report lost SIM first? Can anyone help me out?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149990 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@CMC_R 

You can report lost and get a replacement sim.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Then cancel this way.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Or without a sim.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

CMC_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much MI5, I'll try the recorded letter method. Just to followup, will I receive a reply or something to know that they have acted on my request?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149990 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@CMC_R 

Probably not, but your sim will switch off and you'll lose access to your MyO2 when cancelled

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4