cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract but still being charged!

Matt90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will start my issue from saying that I have been o2 customer from 2010. This same number all the time, from 2010 to 2013 on pay as you go, then on pay monthly.
About month ago I refreshed my contract (6 months before ending!) As I needed new phone (last one didn't work). All done, cool.
On 12th July I got a call from o2 offering me tablet for £15 per month with 3gb data (£15pm but minus £6pm on my phone contract). I said yes, cool. Then I got a question if I have any friend or family member in different network. I said yes, my gf. That guy asked me if she would like to change for o2, I said I don't know but I can ask her and you can call me on the next day, he said okay.
He called me back on the next day, 13th july. I said she is not interested about changing for o2. But I had couple of questions about different tablets (I agreed for alcatel but I was thinking to change for a samsung one), prices etc. After couple of minutes I decided to stay with that alcatel one so that guy was reading Terms&conditions again (I was pretty sure that this one from day before didn't go through!). Okay, got the email that my order is to pick up this same day in lakeside shopping centre. After two hours I got email saying that unfortunetly this alcatel tablet is out of stock but they will let me know when will be ready.
Week later, on 19th july I received package with first tablet (let's called tablet A) and text message that second tablet (tablet B) is waiting for me in o2 store in lakeside shopping centre. Okay, straight away, on 19th july I called to cancellation deparment that I want to cancel my order with tablet B. That lady by the phone said it's fine, all done. Then she asked is there anything else what she can do for me and I said, can you send me email with confirmation that I cancelled tablet B. 'Yes I can' she told me - 'you will get email in the next 24hours'.
Of course I didn't get it but! I got email saying that my order is waiting for me in o2 store... I was sick of it so I didn't make a call for the next few days. I used few times tablet A but it was pretty bad, I didn't install any new apps but on the first day tablet rebooted itself 4 times. So I decided to give it back as well. Finally I called again on wednesday 25th (so still before 14days from ordering) and I told them that I want to send it back tablet A and I don't want to pick up tablet B. Fine, no worries, you will receive return envelope for tablet A, just send it back to us (which I did). Of course I was being told that I can be charge for first bill for tablet A but I will get a refund later. But problem is with tablet B, as I was told this time that I have to go to o2 store in lakeside and tell them that I don't want it (why no one told me at first? Did I really had to call twice?). I went there on this same day, told to guy, he said okay, all done for you.
Done? Not really, on the next day I received email that my order with tablet B is still waiting for me! But I need to rush because it is gonna wait for me just for 2 days then it will be gone. Okay, I didn't go back there, I didn't want it anyway and I am not gonna waste my time for telling them 3rd time that I want to cancel order with tablet B.
So few days gone, I checked my bank account yesterday and what I can see? I was charged for both tablets! I awared about tablet A - I know I will get a refund. But what about tablet B? How many time I have to call and say 'I don't want it'? I am really disappointed with o2 in this case.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Matt90This is a real mess. Typical of poor communication on the part of O2 staff.

The thing is you can order any tablet or phone and have a 14 day cooling off period with every device

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

You really need to ring O2 and hopefully get an advisor who will take ownership of your problem and sort it out. Threaten you will make a complaint if this isn't sorted immediately and your money refunded

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

However I will also tag our community admin into this post and see if they can offer any help @EmilieT @Martin-O2 before you do anything else

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Matt90, I'm sorry you've been through so much and are still waiting for a resolution - I can have this looked into for you, I just need a few more details so I'll drop you a Private Message now slight_smile 

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

Matt90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff! And yeah, welcome! wink

Well I didn't call them yet as you tagged @EmilieT and she already sent me a private message so thank you very much, really appraciate this!

Hopefully it will be sort it once for all next week (I am patient, I just don't like calling few times about this same thing).

Cheers for your help!
Message 4 of 8

Matt90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi to you all once again...

I thought that my problem was solved but unfortunately is not. So the day after I opened my topic here I checked my bank account and I could see that one from two payments didn't go through, as I didn't transfer enough money from my saving account. Well, that is one good thing for me, because then, I have to get back my money just for one tablet. Also, I had a phone call from o2 on the same day of my topic that one payment didn't go through (I checked this day after) and they will give me back my another £15 pounds by giving me discount on my next phone bill. Okay, brilliant. I thought that everything is okay, until yesterday...

I checked my e-mail and I had 3(!) bills from o2. Brilliant, I thought. First one says - oh, there is no charge this month (well, why would be?). 2nd one says - you need to pay £4.52. For what? No clue. The 3rd one is phone bill - £43.13. Okay. I went on the o2 app, to check if they gave me a discount of £15. No! They haven't. They gave £6 discount (still £9 missing). Somehow I could check also bills for those two tablets. On this one, where I supposed to pay £4.52, on app says, that they were trying Direct debit on my account, but didn't go through. And hold on! They were trying to charge me.... £0.00! Yes, that is the price on the app, but in the email is £4.52. Weird, right?

Well, there is no big difference with the other number. On the e-mail says, you don't have to pay anything this time, but on the app price is -£4.83. So I think, if it's minus, I should get this money back, right? 

To be honest, I don't know to do, I don't really want to call to customer service and hang on the phone for about 2 hours, but I think I won't have a choice. And after this I am sure, I will not take any tablet, any device from o2 for some time. 

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Maybe @EmilieT can help again @Matt90

I've tagged her to the post and she will be back tomorrow...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Matt90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you @Cleoriff. I already sent her private message so hopefully she will answer me tomorrow wink
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Matt90, I've just replied to your Private Message now, and will get someone to take another look at this for you. Hopefully it'll all be sorted for good very soon slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8