cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I hope you can answer a question for me. I'm have been on a pay monthly contract which was started on 7th January, I'm able to upgrade from 23rd december and have currently £15 left to pay on my phone. However I've decided it would be cheaper to keep my phone and go for a bt sim only card as I've found 02 less and less competitive price wise and my current phone is OK. I'd like to know please, if when my contract end date arrives, if the contract will literally terminate there and then or will it rollover to another contract term or do I need to contact 02 and tell them not to reissue the contract. I would also like to know, if I started the contract on the 7th January, if it ends on that date too... many thanks for your help and merry Christmas!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Your contract will not end naturally as it then rolls over on a month by month basis until you end it by giving 30 days notice. You can pay off the device and end the contract at any time. All you need to know here :

Cancelling Your Contract - A Guide - O2 Community

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Your contract will not end naturally as it then rolls over on a month by month basis until you end it by giving 30 days notice. You can pay off the device and end the contract at any time. All you need to know here :

Cancelling Your Contract - A Guide - O2 Community

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you wish to change to BT you will need to get your phone unlocked too.
It's free whilst you are still in contract https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3