cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone!

I joined o2 the other day and it already looks like it's time to part ways.

The 3G speeds at home are are Ping of 6,345 Download : 0.01mbps and Upload : 0.00mbps.

At work I have no signal whatsoever despite the coverage tracker showing my work as having excellent coverage.

I've had a friend on o2 round to my house and his speeds are the same 😞

As I've already used the phone and unboxed it etc, what are my cancellation rights?

Thank you

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm on a sim only deal and haven't even got as far as transferring my number so I'm off if it isnt resolved by the end of the day. The chat lines are answered by people with good English but they use the same response as other providers when things get difficult - the system is down. 

Sorry, but it's not clear what it is you want resolving?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I phoned this morning and was also told that all systems were down and they can't access any customers accounts.

Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I phoned this morning and was also told that all systems were down and they can't access any customers accounts.

Systems were down but they seem to be back up now. Give them a call rather than using webchat.

Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you checked the status?

Live chat is NOT recommended on here for account changes. Of course you are free to use that route if you wish but we hear so many stories on here of things going wrong hence we only recommend them for basic enquires.

@Anonymous Just for my information - is there any formal and regular communication between the managment of this forum and O2 whereby the "many stories of things going wrong" with Live Chat are brought to the attention of appropriate people or departments in O2 so that those wrongs can be put right?

Gerry

Toby and Chiara regularly report back issues with webchat highlighted on here. Whether it actually does any good....:smileywink:

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jonsie .  I am sure the feedback to O2 will pay off sooner or later.  

Gerry

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phoned up and was told to send the phone back ; once they receive it the account will be cancelled slight_smile

I was told to use the returns label however it's blank apart from just a barcode with my order number underneath it

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions