cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled my contract on chat last year and I am still being charged!

Anonymous
Not applicable
When on holiday in UK, I sent a long time on o2 chat to make sure my contract is cancelled. But why Am I still being charged? I have been living in BRAZIL! I do not use it! It was a two year contract that I had done in UK, then the family had to move to Brazil on business. In February 2014 it will be 3 YEARS living in Brazil. And, I am still being charged even though I cancelled!!! Please review my case ASAP!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Essentially this is a customer forum and you need to contact customer service directly as your problem won't be picked up on the forum.

Hopefully you kept a transcript of your chat and confirmation that your contract was terminated.

There have been many threads on here about the ineptitude of the chat service and we customers always advise calling customer service directly for anyspecific  account based enquiries. Use the contact button at the foot of the page for the overseas number.

You should make an official complaint to get an answer as to why the contract has been rolling on for three years and for any possible refund of incorrect charges.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like they didn't cancel it as was asked
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just happened to me too!! What did you do? I cancelled via chat in March, and my contract was renewed in April, only just noticed the direct debit still coming out. Really angry, and worried they aren't going to help me because I don't have a transcript of the chat, just an email sent to me afterwards with an account password change (another request I made in the same chat convo).

This is seriously bad, I cannot pay the contract for the next 24 months. 

Surely they should of sent me a letter or email about renewing the contract? Because I got no such thing, and should I have received something like that then I would of stopped the renewal...

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Sounds like your contract is rolling on a 30 day basis. Ring 202 and give notice.

Message 5 of 5