Did you mean: 

Can't use my O2 sim in another phone?

liamsmith1905
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I currently have an iPhone 6S plus which i got about 18 months ago. I've started a new job this month and have been given a company phone which is a Galaxy S8 - I've been wanting to switch back to Android when my contract is up anyway, and after speaking with my boss he's agreed to let me use the S8 as my personal phone and use my work sim in my iPhone (He did say i could use the work sim as my personal sim, but i didn't want to lose my personal number as i've had it for years.)

I've switched the sims over, but it's not allowing me to use it. When putting my o2 sim in the S8 it's got a message saying "SIM Network Unlock Pin" and is asking for a pin number. I dont' remember setting any kind of security pin on my phone.

I get a similar issue on my iPhone when using my work sim where it just says 'SIM Not Supported'

My personal sim is O2, and the work sim is EE.

Both devices are unlocked to all networks (as far as I am aware) and neither have any kind of branding when starting the phone up, and don't have any network relates apps pre-installed.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Both devices are locked I'm afraid.
To get o2 device unlocked see help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
You'll need to contact EE to unlock the other phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Both devices are locked I'm afraid.
To get o2 device unlocked see help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
You'll need to contact EE to unlock the other phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

liamsmith1905
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply. I could have sworn that my iPhone was unlocked from when i purchased it... Oh well... I had a bad feeling that the S8 was locked though, but i wasn't sure.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless you bought the iPhone off contract and direct from Apple it would lock to the first sim inserted.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4