Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text to enter competition

walsh2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried to look online but can't seem to find an answer to why I can't seem to be able to enter a text competition. I used to be able to send texts fine but last couple of months every time I try it fails I thought it was that the number was busy but you woud of thought one of the times it would of gone through by now. Could there be something on my phone now blocking it or is it something on my account? I have a hauwei p20 pro on a pay monthly O2 sim. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@walsh2019

When you first try and send a message to a premium number Android asks if you want to allow or deny, if you accidently selected deny, it then puts a setting on the phone.

If not, do you have any spend caps set up on your account? or have you asked o2 to block premium rate calls and texts?

If not then best thing to do is contact Customer Services

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3