Did you mean: 

Can't receive text messages after porting number from EE

Dan_O
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can help me as I can't get through to O2 and there is no web chat etc available, and they dont respond to facebook messenger either.

I have recently got a new android phone on O2 pay monthly contract and ported my number over from EE (who I was with for years with no problems), all seemed fine, I could phone call people, text people and it all showed as my old number which is what I wanted, but then I realised that I couldnt receive text messages. Because of this I am also unable to set up whats app as well as it needs a text validation of your number which is quite frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice on what I could try, or a phone number that is working that I could contact. Tried phoning O2 on 202 but that is for critical calls only and they cut you off. Only option is for cancellation that may be my next port of call if I dont get anywhere...

Any advice would be great, sounds like I have had a 'split porting', tried all the usual things, disconnecting the O2 network, connect to a different one, then go back. Factory reset on the phone and started again as I wondered if that might bring everything up on my correct number, still no change, can still make and receive phone calls and send texts but can not receive text messages.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Dan

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Dan_O
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to clarify, my phone and contract was not direct with O2, it via Mobilephonesdirect, who I have used in the past and their service has been great, but the issue is now with the O2 number side of things.

Thanks

Dan

Message 2 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Sounds as though the port has not complete.

Try turning your phone off and on a few times.

If that does not help, you will need to call customer services - link below.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Try forcing the network manually to Vodafone

After the error message select O2 again

Message 4 of 10

Dan_O
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have tried forcing my network to vodaphone manually, that didn't work and must have turned my phone on and off about 15times now and still no change.
Thanks
Dan
Message 5 of 10

Dan_O
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi GmarkJ, there was no link to customer services that I could see? Do you ha e a number I can ring, or is it just 202 from my phone? The only option I can use is to go through to cancellations.
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Dan_O 

Numerous numbers in this guide. Try any or all of them.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Footyboy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please let me know how you get on.  I just ported my number today and same thing.  Phone number all ok and receiving calls, but only some texts work, not all.  Have reset and turned on and off lots of times but no joy.  Will be grateful to know how you get on as I got cut off when trying to contact O2 customer services too.  Very frustrated!!

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Footyboy 

Texts are usually the last thing to work after a port and can take upto 24 hours to work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10