Did you mean: 

Can’t make calls in Bulgaria

Marty88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Greetings,

i have been a previous customer of O2 2 years ago. After 2 years with EE which were alright but quite bad in Surrey area compared to O2. I decided to go back to O2.

i swapped my number again in January which was a bit of pain cause someone forgot to do the job properly but anyhow got the correct 1 year contra Blah blah.

and 5 days later i start having weird problems. Why i am telling you the backstory. You will find out.

So until i am talking on the phone and someone try to call me i do not receive any missed call or even the ppl who tty calling me texting me on other apps say YOUR PHONE IS SWITCHED OFF. So i noticed it says it to 3 network users and Vodafoone and EE but never to O2 users - bizarre.

Anyhow. I land in Bulgaria last wensday ( 15/02/23). I arrived no signal no internet 0 nothing.

After 3 hrs i got option to call but no internet even after a text message welcome to Bulgaria blah blah your roaming is working.

I called the support. Got the instructions did everything. But then i have INTERNET( data) but i can’t call anyone.

i reset my phone again great i can do calls agai. 10 mins later i tried to make another call “ FAILED TO CALL” it says. I also have the screenshots.

ok i said it might be my phone. Took a sim card from a friend. Put it in my phone called UK numbers Bulgarian numbers even Australian numbers.

Did it few times. Ok so it’s not the phone.

Put back my o2 card same issue again. I can’t be contacted i can’t make calls to anyone.

i have data thank god for that.

I called 7 times support nothing same automatic robotic answers. Then i said you are failing to deliver services which i am paying  for. I would like pac code ( 1 month with O2). They stated you need to pay almost the full amount of the contract. Ok no problem. Can i make calls abroad? -No. Can i receive calls in UK until i am talking- NO. Technically that’s failure of providing services.

i am on monthly payment contract. The deal is great. But it’s pain abroad and even in UK. The most bizarre answer was MAYBE MY PHONE IS ON DND… the f has to do with that. My phone is on DND from 3 years 😂

Guys advice me please i can’t take it anymore with them. I spoke with other friends and they said they have same issues. Oh forgot to mention even if someone calls me on WhatsApp or Messanger or Telegram. It doesn’t come trough. It just comes as missed call.

it ain’t the phone. I took it to Apple in Bulgaria they said nothing wrong with the device!

Kind Regards ,

Martin

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10613 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Marty88 

You need to check if there are any bars on your account, but they are correct if you want your PAC you have to pay off your contract and thats just reality... 

And trust me EE are just as inept at providing roaming and billing as o2.. 

@O2Sarah-  Can you help the Op out... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Marty88
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What bars ? Didn’t get that. They said some bolt ons were not added when on my contract clearly says 25GB in EU and Europe. Use your minutes same way as in uk

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Marty88 

Some things to try:

* Make sure data roaming and mobile data is turned on in your phone's settings.

* Manually search for another network

* If you have an iPhone change your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

* Try toggling Airplane mode on/off (it often helps kickstart things)

* Drop down to 3G and see if that helps.

* Contact O2 to see if there are any roaming bars on the account

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

O2Sarah-
Former Staff
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh 

@Marty88 I will send you a private message so we can check your account 😊