Did you mean: 

Call from O2 asking whether I'm happy with the service

0x1D
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

just received a phone call from O2 asking me if I'm happy with the provider and is everything OK. I'm with O2 for almost two years, and I believe this was probably the first time I received such a call.

Is this a regular practice or I should suspect something behind it?

I read stories about phone numbers being hijacked, which is a serious threat if you use your phone number for 2-factor authentications on the web (I do) and it made me think whether it has to do with something like that.

Cheers

Janos

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @0x1D,

Sometimes third party companies contact you acting on O2's behalf. There has also been a number of incidences recently where fraudsters are spoofing their number and pretending to be a representative of a company.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisanc...

Best practice is to not give any information away and hang up. If you believe you've given too much information away, contact us on 202 straight away for us to check and make changes to protect your account.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @0x1D,

Sometimes third party companies contact you acting on O2's behalf. There has also been a number of incidences recently where fraudsters are spoofing their number and pretending to be a representative of a company.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisanc...

Best practice is to not give any information away and hang up. If you believe you've given too much information away, contact us on 202 straight away for us to check and make changes to protect your account.

Message 2 of 3

0x1D
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @O2EmmaLouise 

thanks for your reply.

I haven't given away any information and the caller didn't even ask. He just asked if all was ok with the service and I'm happy with the provider then wished good day.

Message 3 of 3