Call Forwarding

lmiemr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a O2 Contract phone; my question is this:

1. Can I set "call forwarding on all calls" to my work phone? My work phone is a Irish SIM and number.

2. Is Call forwarding feature a supplementary service that accrues an extra charge?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can forward a call to any number and you are charged as if you are calling the number you forward too.
So if the number is included in your allowances, it won't cost until your allowances are used up, but if it's an international call, you'll pay the appropriate rates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can forward a call to any number and you are charged as if you are calling the number you forward too.
So if the number is included in your allowances, it won't cost until your allowances are used up, but if it's an international call, you'll pay the appropriate rates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Yes, @lmiemr, @ this works quite well, but you have to be mindful of the tariffs you are on for the reason @MI5 states in his answer above. 💷💶

@@I have helped someone forward calls destined for an O2 UK mobile on to a mobile on Vodafone.ie no problem. Funnily, the Vodafone.ie handset would not permit redirection to the O2 number - we never did find out why. Don't know

Message 3 of 7

lmiemr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats great, thanks for the information regarding pricing slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

lmiemr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, thats good to know that its possible...except i keep getting the error "Call Settings Error; Unexpected response from network"

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@lmiemr wrote:

OK, thats good to know that its possible...except i keep getting the error "Call Settings Error; Unexpected response from network"

Any ideas?

If wifi calling is active on your account, it needs to be turned off to set call forwarding.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

ste064
Level 3: Thinker
  • 85 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Call O2 on 202 it's free to see if there is a network problem.
Message 7 of 7