Did you mean: 

Brand new pay monthly Samsung Z flip 3

Rocker99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all 

I just need a little advice if anyone can help please.

I’m not new to o2 but I have just started a new contract 2 days ago and got my deal through affordable mobile site which has pretty good reviews.

I decided to go for the Samsung Z flip 3 after loads of looking aorund 

anyway it turned up today but as soon as I opened it 1 of the 2 seals had already been cut the other was fine but that was not the problem firstly it had all finger marks on the main screen which affordable mobile did say they do check the phones are fine anyway but the other prob is it has a mark on the metal frame which you can see in the photos.

Its not large but it’s a brand new phone so it should not be there I am fussy anyway.

within 10 mins after delivery I was speaking to affordable mobile about this which the lady was nice until she said I had to fill out a form then email it back with photos which ok that’s fair enough then the prob is after that’s done I have to wait to make sure it’s ok to send back from another department and then post the phone to them I have to pay the postage myself and if it’s def there fault they will refund me later.

But this will take a week she said.

This can’t be right for a brand new handset which has not even been switched on.

or can I go through o2 to sort this as they will be a lot better and quicker I would think.

any advice welcome please.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rocker99 Unfortunately you'll have to send it back to the company you purchased it from. Doesn't sound like they sent you a new phone. Make sure you take a lot of pictures of the phone's condition. When you post it back, as it's such an expensive phone you need to insure it and get a tracking number from whoever you send it back with. You having to pay the postage is unethical, but it's probably in their terms and conditions, so there isn't much you can do about that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rocker99 Unfortunately you'll have to send it back to the company you purchased it from. Doesn't sound like they sent you a new phone. Make sure you take a lot of pictures of the phone's condition. When you post it back, as it's such an expensive phone you need to insure it and get a tracking number from whoever you send it back with. You having to pay the postage is unethical, but it's probably in their terms and conditions, so there isn't much you can do about that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Rocker99 

Sorry to hear your problems. 

Just to add remember to take the IMEI number. Only send Royal mail special delivery. You can claim for non delivery and you have a physical receipt. They RM  won't leave it without a signature they copy the signature to internet and provide tracking details right up to the door  cost about £10GBP  Ins up to £2500 don't skimp on this.

Shocking these companies are still in business they don't seem to have any shame.

I would write a letter to them stating the condition etc. Include in the parcel. Keep a file on this as you may need it later.

I would not say you were fussy under those circumstances. You want a new phone insist on it.

Good luck and best wishes TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 6

Rocker99
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all 

thanks for replying quickly.

I thought the only way was to send this back to affordable mobiles so I will have to do it then.

I'm so gutted was waiting 4 days for the phone as there said it was in stock then when it all went through they emailed it was out of stock.

It turns up with marks and finger prints everywhere.

this is what happens I suppose when I look for cheaper as it was the best deal out there.

I do also have that option of completely cancelling everything as I get 14 days as far as I know but that will be even more hassle.

thanks all again for helping 

glenn 

Message 4 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

You are welcome!

Well these things teach us a big lesson, what you say is absolutely true cheap is not always the answer!  @Rocker99 

However you have to deal with the situation. I have never heard of this Company so I looked on the Web-site interestingly as far as I could read they do not say anywhere that will be sending you a new phone?  Did you read it said new phone anywhere?

If you have the facility of "starting again" check this out may be a good option.  Hassle comes with the territory now.  

Consider every option available to you, if starting again ~ well this could be good even with the Hassle!  Make sure you understand the situation completely re cancellation.

Good Luck 

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 6

Rocker99
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi tall trees 

yes they are all new unless stated I just read up and they got best seller of phones last year so I thought it looked good to go.

lit still might be just think is going to be a long process now and constant emails to see what’s happening which is hassle.

I do normally go through o2 but they could not get close to the deal I got but as you said cheap is not always better.

I will see what happens next as just spoken to them and ask where is the email to send this phone back so I can get it sorted but it has to go through there process first but should not take long we’ll that’s what they say anyway lol.

I will keep this Updated as this carry’s on from now.

thanks again for all helping 

Message 6 of 6