Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Imei number

MRthomas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am currently joined stepchange which is a debt charity to help me pay my debts off. O2 have been added on there to pay my contract off. As they are nit getting the full amount each month, will the block the phone so I cant use it. I will get a sim only deal if they won't. The phone is s20 plus 5g. I appreciate any information. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @MRthomas 

We can not access individual accounts within the community. I would recommend calling 202 Customer services from your mobile device and speak to them regarding this matter.

Alternatively, you can contact the Payment Management team you can reach the team on 0800 902 0217 to discuss the matter.

signature
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@MRthomas

The only people who can answer your question are o2's debt management team. They may bar the phone from the network and in fact from all networks.

You can call o2 on 202 from the handset or 0344 809 0202

Whilst your account is in arrears they wont let you take on another contract such as Sim Only, and i would advise against taking on another debt and i would suspect Step Change would advise the same.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

MRthomas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The team are not working due to covid. They will not get thst payment this month. Just hoping they won't block the devices. Ordered a sim only deal from giffgaff. I appreciate your time and help
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@MRthomas

The payment team are working best time to call is when they first open.

You need to keep trying the payment team, otherwise o2 will escalate things, not trying you but mobile networks take no prisoners.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @MRthomas ,

Unfortunately we won't be able to answer that question because we won't know what the ins and outs of what has been agreed between o2 and Stepchange. My advice is to ring o2 on 202 and ask them, explaining that you are with Stepchange, they will be able to advise you. I hope that helps.

signature
Message 6 of 6