Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being chased for payment for an account that was closed in December 2022

JJO1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to start like this but your phone support service must be one of the worst ever experienced.
On 13th December I closed my old o2 account and asked my account to be deleted as I no  longer wanted my phone number.
I then opened a new account which I still have with a new number. All ok with the new contract.
However, I am still being chased for 3 monthly payments from Jan - Mar 2023. I was out of contract too.
When I noticed the  reminders I called customer service multiple times on day1 and being cut off twice.
Every person I spoke to could  see the account was deleted in Dec 2022 but were not sure why I was being chased for payment as there was nothing to pay.
The following week I kept receiving emails for payments  and again I had to call, and again being hung up on and having to make multiple calls. Again everyone saying they want to help  but are  unable to do so, as they can see the contract was cancelled on the 13th Dec 2022.
I have made over 20 calls now but no one person is able to solve anything. Just words but little action.
I keep being chased for payments when there is no payments to be made.
I will take legal action if this is not resolved soon as I can't believe a company can be so useless.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You could use a STAC code to close the old account, but that would only close it from when you use the code @JJO1 

As you have repeatedly tried to resolve this with customer services, let's see if the community advisors can untangle it.

Can you try and help please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@JJO1 I will send you a private message so i can look into this. 

Message 3 of 6

JJO1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,
Are there any update on this?

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@JJO1 Did you respond to the private message? @O2Sarah- can you please follow up?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

JJO1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino, I did yes but no previous response so now I am communicating with @O2Sarah- via the msg portal.

Message 6 of 6