Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance totals don't match - O2 slowly deducting per day

Kjuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey everyone I'm coming to the end of my contract but noticing a bizarre issue with my payments.

I pay £40 or thereabouts on the 19th of every month. I have two payment dates left (today being one of them) until this contract is completed but my payments aren't being cleared in chunks.

There should be two payments totalling £81 left, my balance today showed this amount. They've taken £40 as I can see it on my outgoings but they're not reducing my balance by this amount.

So let's say four payments worth were due, I paid the 4th but on my account it still shows the balance of £160 before my contractual amount is complete. Then each day further from thsr payment (until the next) this total is reducing by around £1.33 per day. 

I was looking at upgrade offers a month or two ago, I could clear the remaining balance (160ish) but it didn't add up. 

Last month I owed £120 Ish. They took my direct debit and low and behold they're only releasing in daily segments. So on paper it looks like I owe £120, then £118 the next day, £116 the next etc. 

Right now they've taken my second to last payment, they have that but my account is saying I need to pay £80 to terminate/upgrade etc. Tomorrow (20th) it will be £1.33p less and so on.

What is going on here exactly? Their system is basically trying to get me to pay an amount they already have? 

I've never seen this with a coms account, in fact any I've had. You pay the amount and that should be instantly deducted. 

I'm looking at going to a different provider as the 5G I get is terrible even though I live in Manchester, I don't want to lock into a 36month contract either and that seems to be all 02 offer unless I pay ridiculous amounts upfront but if I was to just pay the remaining showing on my account they'll have had £80 + £40!

Thanks for any reply.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23949 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Kjuk Best way for you to get clarification on what is still owed is to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217/0800 032 5302

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

When you're ready to move to another network see this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2