cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto top-up shortcomings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just getting started with my 4G Pay Go Go Go SIM and wanted to have the account pretty much on auto pilot with an auto top-up covering both the £15 montly fee and to ensure there's always say at least £10 calling credit on the account.

Turns out this is near impossible as the tariff charge must come out of your credit and not your registered card directly AND you can only either have a fixed monthly top up of say £15/month OR a low balance top-up when the balance falls below an amount up to £10.

This makes it impossible to set it up so there's always enough for the tariff and a bit extra for calls without manually watching the balance and tweaking the top-up amounts from month to month or topping up manually.

What it should do is;

- Let you buy the tariff/plan directly from the registered card

- Increase the highest low balance top up threshold from £10 to at least £15 or £20 (or why not let me type in a number, why does it have to be a number set by O2?)

- Allow both automatic recurring fixed top-up and a low balance top-up

Has anyone else run into this problem? What's your top-up stategy?

How can we get O2 to review and update their systems?

Matt

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

A few people in the past have run into one issue or another with Auto Top Up.

I prefer to use my Banking App to top up when needed.

I would just leave it as £15 auto top up ,and if and when you've used up the inclusive minutes in your tariff you can add credit as and when needed by other methods of topping up.

You can contact O2 via e mail if you wish to feedback your thoughts.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

A few people in the past have run into one issue or another with Auto Top Up.

I prefer to use my Banking App to top up when needed.

I would just leave it as £15 auto top up ,and if and when you've used up the inclusive minutes in your tariff you can add credit as and when needed by other methods of topping up.

You can contact O2 via e mail if you wish to feedback your thoughts.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help
Message 2 of 2