Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Anyone know what I have to do with my Apple Watch that is on the O2 network before selling it? I would prefer to sell the watch to fund the price of the outstanding Watch device plan but an O2 upgrades advisor says I can’t get the watch unlocked from the network until I’ve paid the device plan off because it’s different to the way the phones work. Any help would be great. Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@O2Emma @Anonymous 

Any help here for @Benlfc ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@Benlfc Apple watches are open to any network no need to request unlocking
signature
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Thanks at @O2Emma 

I thought they were but just wanted confirmation.

So @Benlfc 

All you need to do is unpair it from your phone and turn off find my watch etc then factory reset it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks @MI5. Hi O2Emma, that’s not what your advisor on the phone advised me, he informed me I would have to pay the device plan off fully before being allowed to cancel the carrier plan when I erase the Watch I currently have which then would allow the person who bought it to connect it to another network should they not be with O2?
Message 5 of 11

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@O2Emma sorry I forgot to tag you in my last post
Message 6 of 11

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@Benlfc we have now introduced the option to have more than one watch attached to your phone number 😊
Best thing to do set up your new watch on your account then 💰 you receive from watch you have can pay device plan off
signature
Message 7 of 11

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@O2Emma but I need to sell the watch I have now to fund the outstanding device plan to upgrade my current watch?
Message 8 of 11

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@Benlfc instead of upgrading the watch account you can add a secondary watch to your account then once sold original watch can then pay off that device plan and cancel it. If you are not wanting to do this you can still remove watch from your icloud account and as what @MI5 has advised to do you can then sell on. once have funds then call and pay off device plan and upgrade. This link may help also https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
signature
Message 9 of 11

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@O2Emma adding a secondary watch wouldn’t be any good because I’m not forced to sell the original there are no guarantees and then I would have to pay 2 watch plans. I want to sell the watch and then use the funds to upgrade but if I sell the watch after removing the watch and removing the carrier plan will the watch work with another iPhone on another network?
Message 10 of 11