cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An account enquiry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all,

I've had the same account  ( through numerous upgrades over the years ) for a few years, my 1st Iphone was a gift from my parents & the account is in their name. How do i change it to my name?? and if i ring, will she have to be there to clarify? . I've rang loads of times over the years , spoke to customer services and said it's my phone but in my Mum's name and it's been fine.  Would just ring them but not allowed at work so thought i'd see if theres a short cut.

Thanks in advance people

Wes

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

The new rules, apparently mean that changing an account name is no longer possible.
It seems that now you would have to apply for a new contract in your own name and then your mother would have to transfer the number to your new account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

The new rules, apparently mean that changing an account name is no longer possible.
It seems that now you would have to apply for a new contract in your own name and then your mother would have to transfer the number to your new account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the swift reply mate,

Really?? That sounds a bit long winded , but at least i know now, thanks again

Wes

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds it, but providing you pass the credit check OK it can be done in minutes.
Just remember to give 30 days notice to close down the original account and move the number across before it closes.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll do that , brilliant thanks again !

Wes

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I checked my o2 billing and saw that there has been a extra charge of 87p a month. This was just added willy nilly no one even messaged or called or confirmed anything. I want my money back and the monthly charge brought to the one accepted. I expected more from you and you let me down even the crappiest companies like 3 dont try stuff like this, so return my money and return it now. Also your customer service "Brandon" did zero to help me instead told me if I have a problem may as well suck it up because Its inflation and we need to be the ones to suffer it not o2, he also informed me that there was nothing he could do as if it was too much effort the return 87p and take the monthly rate back to normal.

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm presuming here that this is the monthly increase from March this year when prices were raised.

Much discussed on here and rightly or wrongly this increase is covered in the T&Cs. There is nothing you can do except vote with your feet when your contract ends.

Incidentally, all customers were emailed about the proposed increases around December and affected all O2 customers.

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone had the price increase and the other "crappy" networks have done so too, so sadly nothing can be done about it except move to anther network. But they will also put their prices up once a year too.
O2 T&C link here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As @jonsie and @MI5 have said, this price increase happened in March and we were all informed in December...

What I find particularly unbelievable is your statement that CS told you 'if you have a problem you may as well  suck it up because its inflation and we need to be the ones to suffer it, not O2'

Slightly OTT there @Anonymous  Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I think that may be the OP's loose interpretation but that's exactly how it is. If you don't like it, good luck with the new network.
Message 10 of 12