cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I want to do is remove any trace of being with O2, why is this so difficult?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Much to my dismay I find myself having to come back to this forum to further complain about O2 and yet again seek assistance in completing the most basic of tasks.

All I want to do is unlock 2 of my phones from my previous contracts on the same number. After submitting my request via their online form, and talking on chat to ensure it was the correct method, I have heard nothing back and it has been over a week.

I have a blackberry and an iphone from my previous contracts with O2 over a few years ago now, and was told that using the number associatd with them in the submittance form would allow for the phones to be unlocked.

Ofcourse these phones are now both on Pay as You Go after I finally, was able to successfully leave O2.

Please can someone just tell me how to get these phones unlocked? All I want is to be able to send an email to someone who can do something, not be passed back and forth again.

I am sick of waiting. I am sick of being told answers which do not work and I am sick of having to interact with this absolute P.O.S of a company.

MORE INFO:
The recently off contract Iphone does not have a PAYG number associated to it. - I was told to use the previous number which is now ported to Vodafone.
The Blackberry from a couple of contracts ago is using an O2 SIM - was told to use the old Pay Monthly contract No. (which is ported to vodafone.

I have kept the same number through out my contracts with O2

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think you would have to use the payg numbers as they are no longer associated with the old contract number now it has ended.
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis I've updated the post to make it a bit clearer slight_smile

I was told to use the old o2 number that was on contract with them because the recently off contract iphone is not associated with any numbers.

@Toby @piperdog123 @jonsie @bandofbrothers @bambino @cleoriff @MI5

Message 3 of 17

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I still think you will need to use payg numbers as o2 no longer hold the old contract numbers and you no longer have an active airtime contract associated with any numbers.
Hopefully someone can confirm this for me @Anonymous @MI5
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You need to make the request using the number that was used originally to take out the contract, even if it's on Vodafone now. As it's now a disconnected account the request should be made on the phone. Hope this helps slight_smile 

Message 5 of 17

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Thanks @Anonymous
Happy to be corrected.
Message 6 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You should still be able to use the original contract number but we have seen on here that it does depend on how long ago the number was associated with O2 as it may have dropped off the system and then fail.
If your original number does fail you will have to go down the £15 PAYG route unless you can find someone with a current O2 contract who can do it for you for free still.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @MI5 

The O2 number used in the Blackberry over 2 years ago and the now finished contract of my old iphone has been ported to vodafone.

I sent the application for the Iphone over a week ago using that old O2 number. I have still heard nothing back.

What do I have to do around here to actually get a response from O2? 

As Rosa you are the closest to an O2 rep around here, other than @Toby . May I ask that you contact some one from O2 or provide me with an email address so I can just get this done.

All I want to do is be able to leave this forum and delete everything associated with this POS company.

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
2 years is a long time - it may have to be the PAYG route or a friend on contract 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

After 2 years I'm afraid your original number will no longer be associated with the IMEI of the phones you are wanting to be unlocked. P&G may be the only option open to you. O2 will only go off the system recognising the number and the IMEI.

Message 10 of 17