cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I want to do is remove any trace of being with O2, why is this so difficult?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Much to my dismay I find myself having to come back to this forum to further complain about O2 and yet again seek assistance in completing the most basic of tasks.

All I want to do is unlock 2 of my phones from my previous contracts on the same number. After submitting my request via their online form, and talking on chat to ensure it was the correct method, I have heard nothing back and it has been over a week.

I have a blackberry and an iphone from my previous contracts with O2 over a few years ago now, and was told that using the number associatd with them in the submittance form would allow for the phones to be unlocked.

Ofcourse these phones are now both on Pay as You Go after I finally, was able to successfully leave O2.

Please can someone just tell me how to get these phones unlocked? All I want is to be able to send an email to someone who can do something, not be passed back and forth again.

I am sick of waiting. I am sick of being told answers which do not work and I am sick of having to interact with this absolute P.O.S of a company.

MORE INFO:
The recently off contract Iphone does not have a PAYG number associated to it. - I was told to use the previous number which is now ported to Vodafone.
The Blackberry from a couple of contracts ago is using an O2 SIM - was told to use the old Pay Monthly contract No. (which is ported to vodafone.

I have kept the same number through out my contracts with O2

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the account is closed we advise to do the request over the telephone. Two years is not a long time and the information needed is easily traceable by customer services, also the security checks are done by us, and this is the main reason why most accounts that are no longer in use, get their requests rejected. If you haven't used it in a while you forget. On the phone there are other security questions that we can use, so if it's your account you will know that information and we will do it all for you in a way it doesn't get rejected. 

Hope this helps 

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146752 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Of course it would save so much agent time and customer dissatisfaction if O2 didn't insist on the stupid idea of locking contract phones in the first place.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a little clarification, the numbers called are kept for 2years, the ability to check what numbers were used against an imei is not.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

It has now been over 20 days and I have still not heard back from o2 with regards to unlocking my recently out of contract iphone.

What a joke.

Please advise on what to do?

I am not going to call customer services from a landline because I will incur fees on their 0800 number. There will be no way to reimburse me for added lost time and cost.

Please may I ask that you somehow find a customer rep to contact me or proceed with this request.

23 days after leaving o2 and I am still having to deal with their crap.

Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Incur charges on an 0800 number from a land line?  How does that work? 

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie my mistake, the number doesn't incur charges. However I am not going to waste any more of my time waiting on hold.

Having read my previous experiences, do you feel that this is a reasonable request?

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous can you give @Anonymous a hand? 

Message 17 of 17