cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£610 stolen by o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I am writing an official complaint to o2 but I wanted others to be able to take my experience into consideration before purchasing an o2 Refresh deal. 

I have 3 contracts all with o2 and I wanted to get two phones, one for a relative and one for myself. I purchased the Samsung S5 and Sony Z3 Compact about a month ago and ever since then I have had the worst customer experience of my entire life! After paying off the phones I was told no money will be taken off my account which is what I expected as I cancelled the line rental as soon as I got the phone (cost me around £250 for each phone). A week later an amount of £30..93 and £29.97 were debited from my bank account. I called customer services and was firstly told I would have to pay for the first month as policy and then when I fought this she said I had to pay for 2 days as it's been two days since my online order (they actually didn't deliver on the first day as the delivery company couldn't make it - they made me wait all day and never even bothered to give me a message! When I called they said, oh yeah it will be delivered tomorrow now!). I felt this was not right and when I asked the lady to look into this I was told she knew exactly what the policy is (though just 10 mins earlier she said I had to pay for the whole month) and that she couldn't do anything about it. As it was £2 I just didn't have the fight to challenge her. She promised to refund most of it in 3 working days.

A week later I still didn't receive my refund so I called up. this customer service person was great, she said o2 had made a mistake, it wasn't on etc and she would personally call or text me everyday until I received a refund within 5 days. Fast forward 5 days later (today) and no refund and guess what....they just took £550 from my account on top of the other transactions!! That's over £610 so far without any right to do so!! So I call again, give them all the GED numbers again and this time the customer service rep "accidently" transfers me to someone else, what do they say? Please provide everything again as nothing is on my screen! So frustrated at this point I ask to speak to the manager as this is my 3rd call/ 4th person and each time no one seems to be able to deal with my very frustrating issue. The manager refuses to speak to me as they want the rep to deal with it first (I have given them 4 chances to do this but no one has been able enough!). I finally get to speak to the manager and she gives it the same as the others and "everything has been sorted out..."

I have no faith in o2 and feel like I need therapy after these calls. They keep taking money from my account and I am in the middle and just feel exhausted. It has taken a lot of my time to deal with this and I feel no clearer whether this has been sorted out. I've also read that this problem has happened to many others and yet o2 fail to correct themselves. 

Be warned! As soon as my contracts are up I am leaving the o2 now as I feel they have abused me.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes you wonder why people just don't buy the handset elsewhere without all the hassle of paying off the device and cancelling the airtime and then get a sim only deal.

Exactly, what a strange way to just buy a phone! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 42

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well you learn something every day!! Makes you wonder why people just don't buy the handset elsewhere without all the hassle of paying off the device and cancelling the airtime and then get a sim only deal.

This is what i do buy the phone sim free then when contract is up with 02 get a good deal for sim only wink

Message 22 of 42

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

This is what i do buy the phone sim free then when contract is up with 02 get a good deal for sim only wink

That's what most would do including me, no need to take out a "fake" contract at all. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 23 of 42

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Above

@Poppysmum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well you learn something every day!! Makes you wonder why people just don't buy the handset elsewhere without all the hassle of paying off the device and cancelling the airtime and then get a sim only deal.

This is what i do buy the phone sim free then when sim contract is up with 02 get another good deal for sim only wink

Sorry didnt  know how to amend my post i posted.

Message 24 of 42

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Poppysmum wrote:

That's what most would do including me, no need to take out a "fake" contract at all. Smiley Indifferent

I find by searching you can get phone cheaper then you would getting it on contract with 02 slight_smile

Message 25 of 42

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

Sorry didnt  know how to amend my post i posted.

Just click the "Options" button then choose "Edit", the box will open for you to make changes.

Message 26 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My 24 month contract was up in January. I bought my Note 3 sim free. I chose a simo tariff with O2 and am paying £10 a month less for a brand new phone.... (and a better contract..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 42

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Poppysmum wrote:

Many people did it when the iPhone 6 was launched because it worked out cheaper to buy the handset that way on certain variants. From memory it worked out around £50 cheaper than buying from Apple. The downside of course is the battle to get it unlocked though o2 will unlock them on Refresh once the handset is paid for. It's then cheaper to go with a sim only tariff or with another network who all seem to have better tariffs. Quite a saving over what would have been a two year Refresh contract.

Message 28 of 42

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some also did it to get the 20gb tariff when it was restricted to certain phones only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 42

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ahh might have known there was a reason. Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 42