Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,249

Re: £610 stolen by o2

That's correct. Take out Refresh, pay off the handset the following day and cancel the airtime. You pay 1 month.

That's how it should work, indeed has for most people,  but there are threads on here where payment in full has been taken and getting them to recognise the error to return the funds, is where o2 really fail in their duty to customers. Poor training in my opinion and with the current system faults I'm not surprised at all in honesty.

Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,895

It appears that the system falls over if the contract hasn't been running for the 1st month.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,249

Anonymous

I don't think you even need to pay for the month if you haven't used it even for a second. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think you even need to pay for the month if you haven't used it even for a second. 

In theory you do, because O2 bills you a month in advance.

I'm sure it was also in the T&C's somewhere, but eitherway, once the device is paid and airtime cancelled, that should be the end of it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

When I asked the live chat rep before purchasing the phones they said I wouldn't need to pay anything, not even for a day, as long as I cancelled straight after receiving the phone and I never inserted the sim in the phone. 

You were told wrongly by live chat (unsurprisingly) as you are required to give 30 days notice as per the contract T&C's.

Currently using:
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

From the Refresh terms:

EarlyPay.JPG

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

@jonsie wrote:

That's correct. Take out Refresh, pay off the handset the following day and cancel the airtime. You pay 1 month.

That's how it should work, indeed has for most people,  but there are threads on here where payment in full has been taken and getting them to recognise the error to return the funds, is where o2 really fail in their duty to customers. Poor training in my opinion and with the current system faults I'm not surprised at all in honesty.

Well you learn something every day!! Makes you wonder why people just don't buy the handset elsewhere without all the hassle of paying off the device and cancelling the airtime and then get a sim only deal.

Yeah, it's not intended to be used immediately - More like every 6 / 12 months but there is nothing stopping you from doing so.

Currently using: