cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5gb of Data used in 1 Day!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a sim in a blackberry that my step daughter was using so she turned on the hotspot so she could use the data on her iPhone, new allowance of 5gb put on today I've just checked and it's all been used surely that isn't right since the blackberry & the iPhone are both now broken so are not In use
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be the iPhone as blackberrys compress the data, using the iPhone as a hotspot but it's under more strain so it uses up data to compensate for the blackberry connecting
Message 11 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It would be the iPhone as blackberrys compress the data, using the iPhone as a hotspot but it's under more strain so it uses up data to compensate for the blackberry connecting

I agree....under normal circumstances @Anonymous...but the OP said both phones were broken Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a rather odd to say the least @Cleoriff
Message 13 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Basically:
Prior to today, op using bb as hotspot for iPhone.
At some point prior to today, both phones broken and thus not turned on thus making the hotspot mention irrelevant.

So, we are left with:

" have a sim in a blackberry that my step daughter was using but handset is now broken, new allowance of 5gb put on today buy I've just checked and it's all been used. surely that isn't right since the blackberry is now broken and is not In use"

That's how I'm reading it.
Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Basically:
Prior to today, op using bb as hotspot for iPhone.
At some point prior to today, both phones broken and thus not turned on thus making the hotspot mention irrelevant.

So, we are left with:

" have a sim in a blackberry that my step daughter was using but handset is now broken, new allowance of 5gb put on today buy I've just checked and it's all been used. surely that isn't right since the blackberry is now broken and is not In use"

That's how I'm reading it.

Or....opening post "blackberry & the iPhone are both now broken so are not In use " wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But the iPhone mention is irrelevant anyway as it is not turned on when the new data added to account.
Hence why I posted the op edited.
Message 16 of 16