Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g settings

Wayneh14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi does anyone know to get the internet settings for 5g for the note 10 plus tried to get on chat to speak to someone but it won't allow me any help would be appreciated thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @Wayneh14 

If you are in a 5G area with a 5G device, you would need a 5G sim card from O2 to connect to the 5G network.   You can get that from O2. Once you are all setup our auto APN settings from the sim card will connect you to the 5G network.

signature
Message 2 of 8

Wayneh14
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've already got a 5g sim and in a 5g network but still can't get 5g
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Wayneh14 

Then you need to check the network status for 5G in your area

https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Wayneh14
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think its my sim as when I check my s20 ultra I get 5g and when I transfer my ultra sim into my note 10 plus I get 5g
Message 5 of 8

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, Wayneh, 

It will depend on your area. My area doesn't have 5g yet so it falls back to 4g. The only way to truly test it is to be in 5g area. 

To make sure you are on the right one, go to your settings -connectivity - mobile networks - network mode - you should see from there what you are auto connected to. If it doesn't say 5G/4G/3G/2G, then change it to that. Hope that helps.

signature
Message 6 of 8

Wayneh14
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its not the phone signal its something to do with the sim card can't 5g in my area but can on my s20 ultra 5g
Message 7 of 8

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Sorry, Wayneh, forgot that bit, brain on backwards today... Have you checked that the sim is a 5g sim?  If it is, you can go to an o2 shop and get them to check that 5g is provisioned on your account, if it isn't, that should sort it, and if it isn't, a sim swap should sort it for you.

If that's not possible, try giving 202 a call and ask them to check if 5G is provisioned, and again if it is, then they can send you out a new 5g sim. 

signature
Message 8 of 8