Did you mean: 

5g Sim for new Samsung S21

JGib123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Afternoon,

I pay for a sim only monthly contract with O2. I have recently purchased a new Samsung S21 directly from Samsung.

I want to put my existing sim in my new phone but I believe I require an updated 5g enabled sim. (My current sim card is a few years old)

How do I order a 5g enabled sim with my same number from yourselves?
I tried to call but couldn't get through and I tried your live chat and it said agents unavailable.

Please can someone action this for me.

Kind regards,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JGib123 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

However, your old sim will still work as far as 4g and you need to be in a 5g area to get 5g, so only worth changing if you are.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

JGib123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there, thank you very much for the swift reply. It is a bit annoying they don't make it simple! I will try this tomorrow.
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,
Message 3 of 3