Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G not working on iPhone 13 pro and unconsented tariff change

MK6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently purchased an iphone 13 pro max from Apple, and put my sim into the phone and it worked except 5G never connected. I know I get 5G in my area as my Mums phone gets full bars all of the time. I put her O2 sim into my phone and 5G connected instantly, confirming that my phone was working fine. I have spoken to O2 on multiple occasions (quite literally 10 times over chat and call in the last week) and they have either told me its working fine, or that I need a new sim. Every advisor has sent me a new 5G sim, and I have done 4 sim swaps since last week, with no 5G at any point of time. I work in London - and 5G has also never connected there anywhere during or travelling to work (colleagues on o2 were getting 5G signals on iphones)  I was told there were issues with masts in certain areas in one of my calls which clearly is not the reason I am not getting 5G. I had one advisor do something on my account and change my tariff without my consent also, and the next advisor claimed I was never on my initial tariff (25GB) despite me having evidence of an email from O2 confirming my tariff when I changed over to it. On top of this, when I was sent a replacement sim someone had turned the sim I was using off during easter weekend, so I had no signal for 4 days. I initially called to get 5G activated, but now have been switched tariff, have no 5G and lost signal for multiple days.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MK6 

Although 5g is free it still needs to be enabled on your account.

Check with O2 that they have ticked the 5g box in your account settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MK6 Have you contacted Apple? They may be able to help: Official Apple Support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MK6 

Although 5g is free it still needs to be enabled on your account.

Check with O2 that they have ticked the 5g box in your account settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @MK6 were you able to sort it out?

Message 4 of 6

MK6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes- o2 on the phone weren’t helpful but via Messenger whoever helped me was a godsend, they solved all of the issues and as of this afternoon 5G works as it should. 

EDIT: issue was something to do with my account, they fixed it on their end. 

Message 5 of 6

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Glad to hear that it got sorted out @MK6!

Message 6 of 6